Canada Summer Jobs for Youth – Archivist Assistant
Number of Positions: 2
Canada Summer Jobs Program
Canada Summer Jobs #3592421
Canada Summer Jobs is a government program that helps employers create summer jobs for young Canadians across the country.
All candidates are required to register with https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/reg/instructions
To apply, you must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (which means you must have a valid Social Insurance Number).
Toronto – Work from home.
The Archivist Assistant will be responsible for providing archival and administrative support to the Rise Up Feminist Archive.
This is a position scheduled for 35 hours per week for eight (8) weeks* at a wage rate of $15.00 per hour. The successful applicant will work from home.
The Rise Up Feminist Digital Archive is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. An applicant may wish to provide this information, on a voluntary basis.
The Archivist Assistant will work under the supervision of the Archival Content Management and Acquisitions Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In general, assist with the development of Rise Up’s online collection of archival materials
- Collect, organize, digitize, describe, and upload archival materials
- Maintain good records of acquisitions through all stages
- Research and outreach to access new materials, particularly those reflecting Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC) and other feminist activists whose voices are underrepresented
- Prepare social media posts and articles for the Rise Up Newsletter
- Research educational materials and resources relevant to the Rise Up Archive
- Other tasks as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Good computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft and Google suites
- Effective interpersonal and team skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to maintain files and records
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Fluency in English
- Educational background or relevant experience in archival or library studies, gender studies or a similarly related field.
- Knowledge of women’s equality issues and history of the women’s movement
- Experience with OCRing software
- Experience with WordPress
- Understanding of French
May 31, 2021 or as soon as possible after that.
Email your cover letter, resume, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org citing that you are applying for the Assistant Archivist position in the subject line. Acceptable file formats include MS Word documents or PDF files. Applications must be received no later than 9:00 AM (EST) Wednesday May 19, 2021. Interviews will take place with shortlisted candidates in the following week. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Flexibility regarding hours of work and number of weeks may be negotiable
Rise Up Feminist Archive
166 Westminster Ave, Toronto, ON M6R 1N7