Rise Up Feminist Digital Archive is seeking a board member with fundraising experience to serve on its Board of Directors. The board member will work with members of the Fundraising Committee to develop and implement fundraising campaigns in support of Rise Up’s mission. This is an opportunity for a candidate with a people-focused approach, a creative thinker with strong communication skills, and a keen interest in feminist history to join our energetic and dedicated team.
Rise Up Feminist Archive is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization with charitable status. Our mission is to collect and preserve original materials representing the diverse and radical grassroots history of the Canadian Women’s Movement from the 1970s to 1990s and to make them accessible online to new generations of activists, students, and researchers. We strive to be inclusive of those whose involvement too often goes unacknowledged in mainstream narratives, including the contributions of Black, Indigenous, and Women of Colour, disabled women, immigrant women, and LGBTQ2S+ persons. Rise Up is also seeking representation on our board that reflects all the regions across Canada, as well as attracting multi-generational participation.
Find out more about Rise Up Feminist Archive’s goals, history, structure, committees and areas of work in our Volunteer Guide.
What You’ll Do
- Identify fundraising, foundation and grant opportunities that fit with Rise Up’s mandate
- Undertake research to develop a viable fundraising campaign
- Collaborate with the Rise Up team for support and ideas
- Engage in and provide other volunteers with direction, resources, and active support to develop work plans and carry out the work
- Participate in media relations and communications for the fundraising campaigns
- Prepare fundraising pitches and grant proposals with a compelling appeal to the granting agency’s priorities.
- Work with other team members to develop required deliverables and manage timelines.
- Contribute 15-20 hours a month to the role
- Passion for gender equality, feminism and equity, diversity, and inclusivity
- Strong English writing skills and inter-personal presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience and interest in fundraising, campaigning and community engagement
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Experience in grant-writing or fundraising
Strengthening Our Diversity
Rise Up is strongly committed to building a Board, Collective and Volunteer Membership that is inclusive of diverse voices. We invite the participation of Black, Indigenous, and women of colour, women with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons whose involvement in feminist activism has often been marginalized or erased in the historical record.
If you are interested in helping us advance the work of this exciting archival project, please submit a cover letter expressing your interest together with a resume to email@example.com. Please indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line.